Heathkit QSL Cards

Steve Harrison ko0u at OS.COM
Thu Mar 25 23:50:12 EST 1999

At 05:49 PM 3/25/99 -0600, Ed Curran wrote:
[snip]
>I used wb8rcr's qsl maker program, which is available at
>http://members.tm.net/jjmcd/qslmake.htm
[snip]
>Just thought I would pass on another idea on how to make up some heathkit
>qsls
>
>73 es gud luck, Ed WA9YYF

Ed, TNX much for showing us this program from WB8RCR! I've done something
similar to this except using Lotus Freelance. Major problem has always been
to size the first card so four of them fit on one sheet of paper properly.
Using Freelance, one can draw and import nearly anything one wishes
including photo bitmaps (appropriately converted).

But RCR's QSL Maker is much quicker although simpler. One question remains
for a number of us, however: what W95/98 font contains that confounded
slash through our Zero callsigns??!! In Freelance, I gave up and merely
drew a line through the zero. The slashed zero is ASCII character 0216;
perhaps someone knows how to create a custom font whereby one can
substitute that for the unslashed zero??

TNX, Steve K0XP

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH