Happy99.exe Virus again!

James D. Mayfield kb9bnr at REVEALED.NET
Wed Mar 31 18:48:09 EST 1999

        Hi guys, well one of you have the happy virus on your computer. It was
sent to me today, by one of the list members. I sent a private e-mail to
him, so that he knows to clean up his system. Now I want everyone to pay
attention, unless your are to poor, to do so.

Most all e-mail programs have a feature that will allow you to limit the
size of any e-mail that anyone sends to you. Most all e-mails are less than
5k long, so if you set your download limit to 7k, that is enough that it
will not hamper the downloading of most e-mails. Now if someone sends you
anything larger than 7k your computer will let you know and ask if you wish
the entire message to be downloaded, you can answer yes or no. As in the
case of the happy99.exe virus that was sent out to us all today it's 10k, I
got the first 7k and then a message telling me that a file larger than 7k
was sent, it also told me the name of the file. (happy99.exe) I told my
system to dump it. The moral to the story is, by so doing my system is
clean! is yours?

Look at it this way, you don't leave you house unlocked when you leave do
you? why? because you don't want anyone that has no business in your house
in your house! so why are so many of you leaving your computers wide open
to attack? Most of you are because you did not know you could limit your
download size. Now you do know it so please do so, and lets end this stupid
happy99.exe virus crap, and get on to radios...

73 Dave

Dave Mayfield KB9BNR
Personal Web Page
http://home.revealed.net/qste/bnr/index.html