What about a SB230?

Richard Prescott RPrescott at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Thu May 6 09:39:19 EDT 1999

Dear Fellow Heathenites:

I'm curious about the SB-230 amp. After procrastinating over one that
appeared on the reflector yesterday, and finally finding out that I was
too late (no surprise), I realized I really didn't know enough about the
amp anyway at that point. I understand that the 230 uses a single tube.
Any comments or opinions regarding this amp and it's acceptance, or lack
thereof, by the amateur community will be appreciated.

Note- I have a Kenwood 922 amp that I've had for years and have never
used except to test it when I bought it. A college president had it
before me and he never had the time to use it much. It was hard to turn
down for $600 whether I needed it or not, right? Given this history, one
should be able to understand that I feel I can easily justify another
amp for my home in the mountains, should I be required to make such a
justification. If that's not logical, then ham radio itself must not be
logical either. Anyway, despite logic, I would appreciate your comments
regarding the SB 230.

Thanks for this wallowed out spot on the bandwidth and may it be the
impetus for additional wallowing,
Richard Prescott KE4VM

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov