scanning schematics

Fred Finster Fred_Finster at EL.NEC.COM
Mon May 10 18:59:59 EDT 1999

There is program called LView  that reads in one graphics format (like from
your scanner .TIF) and can write out a different space saving format (like
jpeg .jpg)

About LView Pro
Contents Home About Purchase Download Upgrade Service About LView Pro LView
Pro 2.1 is a full featured 32-bit Image Processor program, that handles the
image formats found on Microsoft Windows® environments and Internet Web
pages. LView Pro 2.1 requires a 386 or better IBM PC
http://lview.com/about.htm
lview.com

I have saved a scanner output in the .TIF format.  Then taken the large file
read it into LVIEW program and
saved out again as JPEG format.  This usually results in good size
compression.   I scanned in some pages
from a BOOK about crystal sets and placed them on my WEB site
http://members.aol.com/BeagleBaly
http://members.aol.com/beaglebaly/crystal_sets/    Use this URL and you can
see the file size of the JPEG
you are viewing.  You can also see a PDF version of a PIXIE schematic I drew
in using Circad Software running under WIN95.
http://members.aol.com/BeagleBaly/Pixie2.pdf

Here is a drawing program  the can read in a BMP or GIF format file and save
as PDF (portable document format ) or .EPS  (Encapsulated Postscript)   .EPS
files can be pulled into a WORD document as "Insert Picture"
http://www.mayura.com   You can download and evaluate Mayura Draw for
yourself.

http://www.holophase.com/   you can download a free DOS version of CIRCAD
for drawing little schematics.  Then print out as a postscipt file.   Next
use the Adobe Acrobat Distiller (not the free Adobe Acrobat reader) to
convert the .PS file into a .PDF format file for publishing on the WEB.  See
the Pixie2.pdf file for an example.
http://members.aol.com/BeagleBaly/Pixie2.pdf

Fred Finster  WB7ODY
e-mail:  Fred_Finster at el.nec.com  Web Site
http://members.aol.com/fredf/
Tech Staff Engineer  (408) 588-5726  FAX (408) 588-5464
NEC Electronics Windows CE Architecture Labs
2880 Scott Blvd.  M/S SC2202
PO BOX  58062
Santa Clara  CA 95052-8062

ps.  Look at  http://members.aol.com/wb7ody/  Picture of my QRPTTF day.
Get a QSL card source PDX file
that you can manipulate with Mayura Draw and customize your OWN QSL card.

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH