FW: HW-101 step 4

Clark, John john.clark at STATE.CO.US
Mon May 10 22:06:46 EDT 1999

Second call.

No replies?

Receiver Alignment heterodyne oscillator.
Page 120

Other than "because the book said so", why am I setting
these heterodyne values on "TP" to a "DC" level of
" -.5 to -2" ?

I set all of mine to -1.5 to start.

Looking at the schematic I could see that I should be able
to see the fixed LO values for each band to the values on chart
page 162 Figure 2-2.

Imagine my disappointment when I found that not one of my settings
resulted
in an "ON point" setting.
The first three were close, but I was not able to adjust them exact on.
The rest were way off.
I re-did the procedure going for correct frequency,  Not the DC
voltages that now are way off ?
I have my frequency counter over at the Denver shop to build a
correction
chart.  I don't want to off again.

Can anyone explained what I'm seeing here?

Do I add small ( 100pf )cap to the crystals to bring them up?

What is the relationship between the -.5 to -2 vdc setting and the
peeking of the coils to the crystal frequencies?

Any reason why the -1.5 vdc setting did not result in a good frequency?

Later
73
John
N0URE