Fw: scanning schematics

Mark Moss kc8dei at SOFTHOME.NET
Mon May 10 15:33:08 EDT 1999

1.  Do not use JPEG format.  Although it will produce a small file, it was
meant for photographs, and the compression will often make text/line are
(schematics) unreadable.

2.  Do not scan a black and white page in color.  It only means wasted file
size.  Instead scan in black and white only, or convert to black and white
only after scanning.

3. GIF format is best for color documents.  It (I think) is smaller than a
bitmap, but has good quality.

4. Scan large, then reduce to the minimum size which still yields acceptable
quality.

5. Finally, use a ZIP utility to compress any files meant for download.  It
is pretty much universal on the Internet, and there are shareware utilities
which are very easy to use.  Also, an entire Heath manual (I the copyright
police will flame me for this one.) will can be put into one ZIP file for
download.

Mark Moss, KC8DEI

->>Hello:

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov