FW: HW-101 step 4

Clark, John john.clark at STATE.CO.US
Sat May 15 10:49:18 EDT 1999

Doug, I'm looking at your suggestions.

This oscillator has two stages, the A & B side of a 12AT7.

The crystals and DC test point are on grid of the first stage.
The plate of this first side is tuned by the second wafer of the
select switch.  The first 3 with L&C, and next 5 with only L.

The plate output is then Cap coupled to the B side grid. I think this B
side is called a "Cathode Follower"

The output is taken from the Cathode of the B side via a 100 uuf cap.

I took my frequency readings from the far side of this Cap, heading to
the
"Second transmitter mixer and to the first receiver mixer"

To follow your suggestion I lifted the DVM from the test point while
watching the frequency,
no change.

Unfortunately the KB9JJA web page does not have the schematic for this
radio listed.

Your comments have been so helpful, I would like to send you a copy to
help me along.

Got a FAX?