Hamvention Experiences?

J. M. Blackmon w8yi at INFINET.COM
Tue May 18 16:19:36 EDT 1999

Doug Shields wrote:

>  Hello all,    I was not able to make it to Dayton this
> year but I am planning to be there next year.  I have not
> been back for the Hamvention since my family moved from
> Dayton in 1976. I would like to get some comments from
> some attendees about the flea market area.  Specifically,
> about Heathkit gear: Did you sell much?  Did you buy
> much?  How were the prices?  Any tremendous finds?  I am
> considering sending in an application for a space for next
> year and would like some good feedback.  Thanks very
> much. Doug  W4DAS

Doug- I spend only 4 hours there Saturday morning, about 70
% flea market, 30% indoors.  I did not find a great number
of Heath products.  Specifically, I wanted a resistor decade
box but saw none.  Granted, I didn't spend enough time to
see it all.  All things considered, I'd recommend you attend
and have a good time!

Jeff