Heath Station Console

Chuck W4MIL CEMILTON at AOL.COM
Fri May 21 17:59:46 EDT 1999

Ed,

Cannot comment on the 630, but have experience restoring an SB-634.  I won't
bore you with details but would suggest that the 634 be checked for
operational status before committing to one.  If it works initially, then a
few voltage checks and some vy small capacitor changeouts plus generous
cleaning of the IC pins and corresponding sockets will make it an FB piece of
gear.  The readouts, if bad, are hard(impossible) to find. The DD (display
driver) IC's can also be a challenge if one is dead.  Otherwise, its a nice
piece of gear.  The 10min ID warning light/buzzer is helpful and the RF
wattmeter is typical of most in that it gives good relative indication of
power and SWR.  I never tried the phone patch so no comment there.

I still own one of these, albeit on loan to a friend, who at age 89 finds the
digital clock and the timer of great help while on air.  I plan to keep mine
and return it to the shack someday.

BTW, should you obtain one of these and need some parts, I have an new
"clock" chip and a couple of the IC's used in the timer circuits that I may
part with.  Sri I cannot make the comparisons you asked for, but sure someone
will chime in.

Hope this helps.

73 de W4MIL
Chuck