aa 11 transformer

bill kraeling bill at LOGANTELE.COM
Mon May 24 00:34:38 EDT 1999

I built an AA-11 deluxe preamplifier back in 1961, eventually upgraded (debatable), and sold to a friend.  I am in a nostalgia kick now and looked my old buddy up.  I now have the preamp but the power transformer is bad.  Can anyone help me with an NOS unit or an AA-11 that is in poor condition but has a good transformer?  The part number is 54-120 and it is a drawn case unit with 24 volt secondary for the filaments and a 150 volt secondary B+ for a voltage doubter that provides 300 volts at 100ma..  If an original can not be found I would accept a substitute.

 Other secondary that could be used:  the filaments can be 12.6 volt or 6.3 volt at 24 va and the B+ secondary can be 150, 300,. or 360-0-360 center tapped.  The main restriction is the height, not more than 3"  My preference would be to find a 54-120, of course, to keep the unit original.  I am new to the group and hope this type of question is proper. .