Tek 422 Scope

George T. Baker w5yr at SWBELL.NET
Sun Nov 7 22:11:47 EST 1999

Don't want to discourage you, Morry, but the 422 can be an expensive
little beast to repair.

I bought one a few years back for about $400 - excellent shape and
condition. But after about a year, it quit. I took it back to the
certified Tek shop where I bought it and they estimated about $500 to
repair it! I traded it in for $100 credit on another scope. I have since
purchased a 465B from them which remains excellent.

Any of the Tek and HP used scopes can be great buys, but it is an
unfortunate fact that their upkeep is on the same level as their original
list prices.

72/73, George
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 54th year and it just keeps getting better!
R/C since 1964 - AMA 98452   RVing since 1972

Maurice Weinschenker wrote:

> A Tek 422 Scope followed me home. Major problem: after checking I find
> the CRT is finished.
> Anyone hve one fer sale or trade etc?????? Second thought is does anyone
> want to trade anything fer the broken scope???? To gud to put on the
> pile.
> Mny tnx in advance
> Best 73 Morry K3DPJ

Sponsored by the City of Tempe