MORE INFO GR 78..

Ed Richards k6uuz at JUNO.COM
Sun Nov 14 13:44:08 EST 1999

Bill;
I am not familiar with that receiver. However after 50 years of repairing
radios I found that the oscillator section is usually smaller because
they use high side injection. I suspect the radio is OK and you may be
mis-interpreting the book. Check the physical layout against the
schematic. This just doesn't sound right. 255 pfd does not sound like
enough capacity for the RF and mixer stages. 360 pfd is a common value.
Good luck.
Regards,
Ed Richards

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999 19:44:30 -0600 "W.A.Strong" <maytag at WECNET.COM>
writes:
> Here is the correct info. on the cap. problem.
> Heath part # 26-143 a 3 section variable 80 mm x45mm x40mm.
> Number is stamped on the part. manual refers to this part number.
> The unit  on hand  has  first section as  255 PF, other sections are
> 290 PF
> The correct placement should have the first section  at 290 and the
> others at 255 PF.   First section  is Osc. circuit, then , the
> Miixer and the last section the Ant/Rf.
>  Bill  ----  maytag at wecnet.com

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov