GR 78 Rcvr

multi-volti devices multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Sun Nov 14 23:09:57 EST 1999

I'd say the schematic is wrong, or is being misinterpreted, or a substitute capacitor was installed.

Murray
  -----Original Message-----
  From: W.A.Strong <maytag at WECNET.COM>
  To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
  Date: Sunday, November 14, 1999 6:07 PM
  Subject: GR 78 Rcvr

  Would like to hear from any users who have had or repaired this unit. Have a friend who is trying to get one going and having TROUBLES. He called me the other evening with something he wanted more info. on. Mainly he is of the opinion that the variable tune cap in his receiver was manufactured incorrectly. The 3 sections are in reverse order from the  schematic . I can't recall exactly  the value- seems like he said there should be 2 sections at 250PF and one at 155..  On his capacitor  these sections are not in proper position for the wiring,  Thus his efforts to get it aligned  are getting nowhere.  Has anyone come across anything like this before? He checjed the part number on the cap- it matches the manual part number. I will contact him to obtain more info if needed. He is anxious to have Land Line  with Ed Mosher also.   Thanks for the space fellows
   Bill  ----  maytag at wecnet.com