FS: Beautiful SB-220 by Original Owner

Chuck KN6H CLOBB2 at AOL.COM
Thu Nov 18 19:04:31 EST 1999

I'm the original owner of an SB-220. All original, unmodified, performed
beautifully with my TS-830S, doesn't like my newer TS-940S so I bought a
Commander HF-2500.

Front panel and cabinet are magnificent. Prior to retirement I headed an
engineering  lab at Hughes Aircraft and before assembling the kit I had my
people refinish the front panel and cabinet in gray & black to better match
the rest of my shack.

A silk screen was made from the original white panel lettering, then the
panel was stripped and refinished in a light gray enamel. The lettering was
finally re-silk-screened back in a black enamel. Cabinet was refinished in a
black semi-gloss. It really looks sharp. The raw chassis aluminum and
unpainted panels were irridited clear to retard corrosion. (Sorry fellows, I
guess I was never a fan of Heath's ubiquitous green that never matched
anything else in the shack).

I was planning to list it on eBay, but thought someone out there might be
interested; it would save me some work plus eBay fees and commissions. The
SB-220 is completely original, I do have the Harbach soft key and parasitic
suppression kits ready for installation. I devised an in-rush current
limitation device that the SB-220 plugs in to. Again, nothing touched inside
the cabinet. It greatly extends the life of the 3-500Z filaments.

Interested? Price is negotiable, but I was thinking around $500 plus
shipping. I''ll throw in the in-rush limitation box, Harbach kits, original
manual and anything else I can find.

Chuck KN6H    (310) 325-3184, voice or Fax anytime. E-mail to clobb2 at aol.com

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov