DX-60A damaged

Jim Berry basalop at GTE.NET
Sun Nov 21 00:49:18 EST 1999

Hello John and Everyone,

Thanks much for the information on the damaged rig.  We can tell from
John's description that damage can be done.  Probably not a lot of
the time, and I have to admit, I have received some things via UPS
that were more or less loose in the box with no damage whatever.
That object was probably in the bottom of the pile.  It probably was
pure luck it ever made it.

I would try and hold off on shipping during the holidays.  The
shippers are really loaded down and I bet they get some contract
workers that are pretty rough on stuff.

I have often wondered if one should write the weight and a warning on
the sides of any that might be a bit on the heavy side.  You know,
something like WARNING this box weighs 50 LBS. It might sort of warn
anyone who thinks they can just grab it and toss it on top a pile of
other boxes that only weigh a few pounds.

73 Jim K7SLI

> I did not intend to start a thread about shipping damage
> by anybody but for
> the record this one is clearly UPS all the way.

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov