My last word on packing

multi-volti devices multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Sun Nov 21 18:15:05 EST 1999

Hello:

I use a shipper that packs with two part liquid foam. That's how Heath packed things after service.

UPS requires either original boxes or two-part foam as an acceptable shipping container for insurance purposes.

I paid $30 for a 2-part foam box for a 100# amplifier (plus actual shipping charges), and I know it WILL either arrrive safely or WILL be covered by the insurance I paid for.

2-part foam works like this:

2 -part liquid is injected into a box. It begins to expand. A sheet of plastic is laid on top, equipment is put in, more plastic then more foam. You end up with a form-fitting foam shell, custom made to your equipment. (Plastic keeps it from attaching to equipment.

Murray