HW-16 Problem

Carl & Renee Miller reds1964 at NETZERO.NET
Fri Nov 26 19:49:34 EST 1999

Hello All,
I have a Heath HW-16 that I need some advice on. The problem is that there is a loud thump or pop every time I key the rig,the sidetone works fine,the pop happens on both make and break of the keying. If I turn down the audio gain the problem is not noticeable,it is also more pronounced when the transmit frequency is the same as the receive frequency.Any body who can help me with this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

73's
Carl KA5KAB