HW-16 final amp

Edward Swynar VE3 CUI gswynar at DURHAM.NET
Sat Nov 27 07:05:08 EST 1999

Mark...

Probably because of price, & the fact that at the time of the HW-16's
design, TV sets still used tubes, & "sweepers" were considered to be a
viable, economical alternative to mainstay AMATEUR tubes like the 6146...

Witness the abundance in period Amateur literature of linear amplifiers
using sweep tubes, and the total absence of same to-day...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov