Electrolytics "blow up"

Bill and Edna Eshukis at HOME.COM
Sun Nov 28 01:55:18 EST 1999

Hmmm.. Brings back a recent memory.  I replaced two High Voltage Caps in
the HW-16.  They
were about 3/4 inch diameter..rated at 40uFd and 350V.  They Blew up in
about 30 seconds.
How can I tell a High Resistance from a Low Resistance Electrolytic?

I'm still determined to get that Rig on the air!!

Bill
K3OBB

Dave Edwards wrote:

> You may be searching forever for a replacement.
> Its just an HW16.... Get some elecrolytics, and mount them under the
> chassis.
> Then you can use it with no fear of high resistance caps to blow up.
> ...Dave

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov