Heath DX-100 10 meter drive

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Nov 28 21:11:02 EST 1999

I acquired a DX-100 a couple of weeks ago (had one
from 1960 until about 1977) that has had some
problems.  The clamp tube circuit had changed values
(very serious changes) over the years and I rebuilt
it.  The meter has been replaced and is of the wrong
resistance (89 ohms against 47 ohms) so it doesn't
read correctly (I have calculated the "right" values
until I can get another meter).  The remaining problem
is that the drive on 10 meters is very low.  I have
"peaked" the proper coil and the driver plate coil
"dips" out properly with a grid dip meter.  The other
bands have good drive although 80 meters could have a
little more reserve.

Anyone got any ideas as to why 10 meters has low
drive.  I have replaced all the tubes and that didn't
help, so it's not the tubes.  I am in the process of
"trouble shooting" the driver and pre-driver circuits,
but thought I'd see if anyone had a similar problem.

Glen, K9STH

P.S. Anyone got a 47 ohm 1 mA meter that will fit the
DX-100?

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov