Q meter

Mike Souhrada wb9iog at REVEALED.NET
Fri Oct 1 11:42:03 EDT 1999

Keith Brigode wrote:

> I have an old Heath Q meter, not a multiplier. Can't remember how to
> calibrate it. I do remember how to find peak Q. Can't find manual at HI
> or W7FG. Any help out there?
>
> Sponsored by the City of Tempe
>Keith
I see Chris has a manual for you.
Basically there is an inductor in the kit provided in the QF-1 Q Meter.
If you don't have one use a commercial unit of known "Q" to calibrate
from the manual.

It took me about 10+ years to find the proper kit inductor and its a
real dog to replicate. The values for the actual part:
L-250 uH
Ce 96mmf
q =110
It is a pi wound coil on a form inside another form -not made in the kit
but commercially wound with two bananna plugs for the top of the meter.
I bought an entire QF-1 (basket case) just for the plug last year.
The price was right- $2.00 and it's not for sale!
Mike
Le Claire, Iowa

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov