SB-200 arrives

Edward Swynar VE3 CUI gswynar at DURHAM.NET
Wed Oct 6 05:03:22 EDT 1999

Ron...

Rub the wafer swith contacts with the eraser end of an ordinary lead pencil
(you'll be AMAZED at how effective this is is cleaning off the
tarnish!)---then, spray the contacts with a good quality control/switch
cleaner, & VOILA: like new again in looks AND performance...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

----------
> From: Ron Emerson Kb9E <Rpemers at AOL.COM>
> To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
> Subject: SB-200 arrives
> Date: October 5, 1999 9:58 PM
>
> Ok..I'm all fired up now!  UPS delivered my SB-200 today and it looks to
be
> in great shape.  It was packed very well and the box didn't look beat up
at
> all.  I spent about 2 hours with the chassis out of the cabinet, cleaning
the
> dust out.  Now the inside looks really good and a nice neat job of
assembly.
> I only noticed one thing that even concerned me(so far)and that was the
band
> select switch.  Looking at the switch from the rear it looks to be
tarnished?
>  Did they use silver plated metal on the contact lugs and plate(?)
assembly?

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov