Shipping

Jan Skirrow dma at ISLANDNET.COM
Thu Oct 7 17:39:30 EDT 1999

At 01:17 PM 10/6/99 -0500, Tom Byers wrote:
>In my opinion (based on my experience) the US Post Office does the best
>job of shipping.

This is confirmed by a recent US consumer survey where they shipped a bunch
of parcels containing sensors that recorded the bumps and bangs along the
way. The USPS came out quite a way ahead of the others, which included all
the big parcel outfits.

For shipping to and from Canada and other countries, there really is no
other way than the post - and I've had very good luck with stuff going all
over the world. Obvious weight limitations, but you can do a lot within the
postal limits.

OTOH, I've used UPS on quite a number of heavy radios, and found their
service fine - and the tracking system works quite well. Any problems I've
had were the result of inadequate packing. You cannot ship a heavy BA with
a couple of inches of crumpled paper or some plastic beads and expect it to
arrive in good shape.

Jan Skirrow, VE7DJX

... in sunny (sometimes rainy) Maple Bay, BC, Canada

"So many radios, so little time"

   http://www.islandnet.com/~dma/Boatanchors/

Information, Parts, Pictures, Articles: The R-390A
and other classic gear.

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov