Shipping

Edward Swynar VE3 CUI gswynar at DURHAM.NET
Thu Oct 7 19:43:54 EDT 1999

I agree 101% with Jan!

You just can't beat the U.S. Post Office AND Canada Post---they're very
reasonable price-wise, & offer a wide variety of delivery modes...

Best of all---for we already over-taxed Canadians, anyway---the post office
does NOT charge "...minimum brokerage fees" on any and ALL items coming to
Canada from the U.S. The good folks at UPS do---and MAN, the fee can
sometimes actually EXCEED the value of the item you're importing! It's
highway robbery---and the post office for me!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

----------
> From: Jan Skirrow <dma at ISLANDNET.COM>
> To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
> Subject: Re: Shipping
> Date: October 7, 1999 5:39 PM
>
> At 01:17 PM 10/6/99 -0500, Tom Byers wrote:
> >In my opinion (based on my experience) the US Post Office does the best
> >job of shipping.
>
> This is confirmed by a recent US consumer survey where they shipped a
bunch
> of parcels containing sensors that recorded the bumps and bangs along the
> way. The USPS came out quite a way ahead of the others, which included
all
> the big parcel outfits.
>
> For shipping to and from Canada and other countries, there really is no
> other way than the post - and I've had very good luck with stuff going
all
> over the world. Obvious weight limitations, but you can do a lot within
the
> postal limits.
>
> OTOH, I've used UPS on quite a number of heavy radios, and found their
> service fine - and the tracking system works quite well. Any problems
I've

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov