Shipping Tales

wier@calcite.rocky.edu wier at CALCITE.ROCKY.EDU
Thu Oct 7 23:36:14 EDT 1999

>> I ship vacuum tubes which, as everyone in electronics knows, are
>> extremely fragile. The ONLY way to ship fragile items like vacuum tubes

I've also had pretty good luck with fragile items of a smaller
size by cutting pieces of PVC sewer pipe to an appropriate length
and putting things inside with enough packing so they don't
rattle around. For larger items, I've occasionally cut PVC
sewer into 4 pieces and taped them in the inside corners of
the cardboard box, which increases crush resistance quite a bit
(particularly if the box ends up on the bottom of a stack on
a handcart).

FWIW

73's de WB5KXH

--Bob Wier