Shipping Heathkits

Multi-Volti Devices multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Wed Oct 6 18:18:10 EDT 1999

USPS Priority Mail or even Parcel Post. My local postmaster is more concerned about public relations (go postal) than anything else...they are much more tolerant of packaging damage than UPS...I hear UPS will deny claims that don't go thru an 'approved (3rd party) shipper)'.

Local USPS branch has paid for some broken mirrors that some idiot shipped wrapped in paper. I asked why they would even consider paying for that...it was clearly improperly packed... they said 'public relations'

Murray

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe <joeamp at MINDSPRING.COM>
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Date: Wednesday, October 06, 1999 12:53 PM
Subject: Shipping Heathkits

  I am out here in Long Island and find UPS a totally un acceptable deal.
  Late packages, drivers going home early saying they attempted to delivery,  part time street people working the docks and sorts are hired and fired and rehired every 28 days to keep them out of the union.
  When trying to track a package the on line tracking system is always un available, and no one picks up the phones.

  However on USP a package from Vancouver can arrive overnight on standard priority mail the only drawback is no tracking system ,
   if lost a 90 day wait just to apply for recovery.
  Fed Ex on 30+ pounds can exceed 25% of the radio value.
  Any suggestions?