USPS Tracking

Multi-Volti Devices multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Fri Oct 8 00:08:38 EDT 1999

Hello:

Local USPS staff tell me that only Express Mail (overnight) is truly
trackable.

Priority Mail has a receipt confirmation system via 800# or web page log-in,
but it only confirms delivery...I simply ask people to let me know by email
when they receive things...because the couple of times I paid the extra
$0.35 for Priority Delivery Confirmation, I never got around to either
calling or checking the web page.

UPS won't deliver to PO Boxes, USPS will. I don't know if mail order
companies default to USPS if you give a PO Box address, or simply refuse to
ship to PO Box addresses...probably varies with each dealer.

I think some view a PO Box as a riskier ship-to address from their
perspective because there's no one (who cares as much as the addressee) to
sign for it, and can't do COD to a PO box as well.

Murray

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov