[HeathKit] SB-634 Update

Carl Hyde cshyde at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 14 13:31:16 EDT 1999

Hi Elden and all that replied. Last night I started to
seriously look at the SB-634 and cleaned all the pots
and switched with de-oxit. I did as Elden said and the
clock began counting up. All the displays worked ok
except the most significant digit of the minutes
display. it would not increment. So I did what any
good digital technicial will do, I rocked all the
chips and after removing the indicator panal I pulled
the digital readouts out and into the sockets a few
times. After that the clock increments properly in
that it will register the full count of minutes. The
only remaining glitch is that when you use the set
swuitches the minute MSD will still not increment even
though it register the proper numbers if you just let
it count up. When I hold down the minute set switch it
counts up to 09 then rolls over to 01. I noticed that
there is no batter backup for the clock so I assume if
you unplug it or lose power you have to re-set it? So
thanks for the advice as always.

cshyde at yahoo.com

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov