Unbuilt Heath's

Doug Huggard dhuggard at CTS.COM
Fri Oct 22 01:34:05 EDT 1999

In article <008401bf1b6a$9662bd80$21b92e9c at Pbeijconrad>,
Brian Conrad <beijconrad at GDINET.COM> wrote:
>Common  Guys and Girls,
>    So what how much it costs.  One simple reality - there are NO
>electronic Kits any where near as good as the Heath's from the 70's and
>80's.  And I love building them  -  and look for any lame excuse to
>rationalize why.  it' a hobby I love  -  and I have alot of equipment I
>can use.
>
>Brian J Conrad

Brian,

You may be right about the 70's and 80's but there are some absolutely
wonderful ham kits available today. Having built *numerous* Heathkits
I can say that there are kits available today that exceed Heathkit in
construction (no wires to strip/solder) with documentation every bit
as good.

So, for those of you who like to build, take heart - the kits are out
are out there.

73s,

Doug - WB6AJX

Sponsored by the City of Tempe