WTB: PA cage fer HW 22, 32

Steve Harrison ko0u at OS.COM
Sat Oct 23 23:00:10 EDT 1999

At 09:34 PM 1999-10-23 -0400, Paul Gregory wrote:
>Why did folks pitch these? None of my '22s or '32 have this cage. I want
to buy urs!

Many of us removed the covers because we thought the tubes ran too hot with
the covers on. There is very rarely any TVI from these low-band radios, so
removing the covers did no harm.

This was not necessarily true of the five+ band transceivers (SB10x, HW10x,
etc.). In addition to radiating harmonics within the TV channels on 20, 15
and 10 meters, the neutralization was sometimes affected, too. Usually, we
would instead mount a muffin fan over the final cage on those radios, which
accounts for the "midnight" shadow one sometimes finds on the cases over
the finals.

73, Steve K0XP

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov