getting out scuffs in plastic cabinets

Carl Hyde cshyde at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 26 10:33:13 EDT 1999

Go to any auto parts store or marine supply and get a
bottle of Megwires plastic restorer and their plastic
polish. Its made to remove surface scratches in clear
and other plastic parts. I have used it with a buffing
wheel to remove the yellowed surface of instrument
panels on motorcycles. I just used this technique to
restore the tank badges on a 1962 Royal Enfield I'm
restoring. I first used #1000 wet dry paper with water
to polish out a deep scratches in the plastic badge. I
went to 1500 to polish the plastic finer then used the
Megwires plastic sctatch remover with a wool pad in a
drill then used the plastic polish for the final
buffing. Do not use a dremmel tool with the little
polishing wheels on plastic. you will melt the
plastic. This technique has allowed me to restore many
plastic items including an SB-301 frequency dial that
was fogged over due to someone spraying a solvent into
the escuteon.

=====
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH
cshyde at yahoo.com
Eagles May Soar, But Weasles Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines!

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov