SB104 Questions

Paul K. Dean wb9hgz at CHARLOTTESVILLE.NET
Fri Oct 29 06:56:14 EDT 1999

>  Neat radios!  Wanted to
>build one when they were in production, all I ended up with was a manual
>set and SB604.  The SB104A went out of production - my check was
>returned - none left, ended up building an HW101 instead....   Finally
>ended up with a couple of SB104 /A's recently....

I had a similar experience, but fortunately, I came out just a tad better
due to the good folks at Heath.  I ordered an SB-104A and speaker.  The
speaker arrives, but the 104 does not.  The packing slip was marked "hold",
or some such nonsense.

After several weeks went by, I called Heath to see just how long the "hold"
was going to be.  I was told, in essence, forever!  Sorry, out of
production.  I then asked why the heck they had sent me the speaker in that
case (since it was pretty unique to the 104 and not like the '600 which
matched many rigs).  I asked if I could return it as without a 104, I had
no use for it.  Well, I guess the guy took pity on me and said, "Just a
minute......"  He came back on the line and said he'd located a 104 at one
of the Heath stores and they'd be shipping it to me that day.

Now, that's customer service!!!!  (I still wonder, though, if they were
planning on telling me that I wasn't going to get my 104 without my having
called?)

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov