Questions about crystal filters on Heath product line

Ed Kotkiewicz ekotkie at EZL.COM
Wed Sep 1 12:40:18 EDT 1999

"Paul R. Young" wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I have a limited amount of info on these filters but you can add it to yours.
>
> SB-300 uses the 404-M202 P23 CW filter, the 404-M201 P22 AM filter and the
> 404-200 SSB filter.
> SB-301/303 use the 404-284-1 CW filter, the 404-M285 P364 AM filter and the
> 404-283 SSB filter.

EK> Just as a sidebar, you can drop the "M" and "Pxxx"  They merely say that the case is
"M"etal and the Pxxx is a paint number.  They do not have any performance significance.

This is a interesting issue that repeats itself again and again.  I have a slightly larger
file then what is stated above.  Some of the earlier equipment filters (SSB and AM but not
CW) had filters with tighter specs.  For instance, the HW-100 filters are tighter spec
then the HW-101.

And Bob,  the only thing to feel stupid about on this reflector is to NOT ask a question.
There are a lot of very helpful people here on the reflector.  I made a recommendation
some time ago to Dave (or moderator) that we really needed to have a place to point
newbies to for answers to repeated questions.  This is kind of hard since some guys get
mail only.  Sure would be nice though.  I point a lot of folks to Dale Wentz's Heathkit
site for service bulletins.

Ed

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov