SB-313 Receiver Problems

Jim Bo jbollit at IX.NETCOM.COM
Tue Sep 7 00:24:27 EDT 1999

Joe,

Ok, got the LMO out and took off the bottom cover.  The tuning cap is covered
with a piece of metal that is solder to the housing that holds the cap.
Can't see any plates or piston of the cap due to the cover.  The metal side
of the LMO housing does not allow me to get at the plates of the cap.  There
is a copper ground strap that connects the top of the metal plate (the metal
plate is soldered to the metal housing that surrounds the cap) to the LMO
housing, and the solder "fillet" looks good.  The metal mechanical "stops"
(the ones that turn when you turn the shaft) on the shaft are easily seen,
and I have cleaned that mechanical interface with some "Tuner Control Cleaner
and Lubricant".

I don't see the end stops that you refer to, they appear to be buried below
the tuning shaft, so I can't get at them to solder.

Any ideas or comments from all in the group?

Thanks in advance.

Jim
***

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov