SB-313 Crystal Calibrator Question

Jim Bo jbollit at IX.NETCOM.COM
Sat Sep 18 21:35:29 EDT 1999

I have an SB-313 receiver that has a problem with the crystal
calibrator.

When I turn the calibrator on, I will get a signal at the 100 kHz
marker at S-9, but after 5 seconds, I start to get multiple
signals that are every 10 kHz to 20 kHz or so.  The main 100 kHz
marker decreases in strength to S-2 also.  I can turn the
calibrator off, then turn it back on and I get the 100 kHz marker
at S-9 but five seconds later the same thing happens.

I have swapped out the board that has the Xtal calibrator
circuitry on it with a board from another radio I have, and the
radio will work fine with the different board.

I have gone in and retouched all the solder joints in the area of
the calibrator and have "tinned" the edge of the board so there
is good ground contact.

This has me baffled, any help or guidance greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov