sb-401-sb300

Stewart Lyon stu_w6cux at JUNO.COM
Sun Sep 19 00:36:35 EDT 1999

Kevin,
The three oscillator cables are critical and should be as described in
the SB-400 manual. That is -- 24" of RG-62 which is low capacitance ~90
ohm. I think what's happening in your setup is that the cable capacitance
is loading down the heterodyne oscillator in the receiver. You can check
this by measuring the oscillator at the red test point. I recommend that
you adjust the oscillators per the SB-301 manual except set the voltage
just below the peak on the 'slow' side. After you replace the cables!

Several years ago I built an external transistorized amplifier that
buffered each of the three oscillators which I still use on my 401-301
combo.  Trouble is I lost the details during our famous '94 earthquake.

Anyway, I think if you use the cables as described in the manual and
adjust the het osc as above you will be OK. Thousands of the combo
worked.

73, Stu W6CUX

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999 19:35:40 -0400 kevin smith <kevin-0 at WEBTV.NET>
writes:
>hello all, ever have a day nothing gos right im having one, can you
>use
>any kind of r.c.a. cables on the sb401 and sb300 ? i hook them both up
>like it says in the manual, i lose the sound on the speaker im doing
>something wrong here,any help on this one.

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov