wobbler virus: ENOUGH ALREADY!!!, & AT-1 question

Hawaiian Shirt Jay, kf6rmg kf6rmg at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 23 16:32:30 EDT 1999

   I think most of us are here to talk about Heathkits, not hoax viruses.
While it may be important to warn people about the hoax, I don't think we
need to go overboard and have practically half the messages go off topic.
Please, let's back to Heathkit.

   On that note, I have a question for any true Heathkit buffs out there.
Did heathkit ever make any sort of module (in kit form, of course) to turn
the AT-1 into an AM and/or SSB transmitter? The manual for the AT-1 states,
"Consideration was also given to the probable enlarging of the operator's
station. Rather than become obsolete, the AT-1 can be operated with crystal
or VFO control and used as an all-band exciter for a high power final. It
has provision for modulation as a low power phone transmitter and can be
used directly as such or used to drive a linear amplifier..." Heathkit
eventually made a matching VFO for the AT-1 (the VF-1), but I was just
curious if they might have also created a kit for the "provision for
modulation" mentioned above. If anyone happens to know about such a unit,
please tell me about it.

                                                     73,
                                                    Jay, kf6rmg

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov