HEATH TUBE CB'S?

Richard Post post at OUVAXA.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Thu Sep 23 18:35:42 EDT 1999

Bill and Heath Kids,

There are several Heath cb sets but the classic is the CB-1 which is
celebrating its 40th birthday.  The review is in Electronics World,
November 1959, page 60.  The article includes a full-page schematic.  The
editors mentioned easily covering the 10 miles including 7 across water
from the Long Island shore to Stamford, CT using a boat-mounted quarter
wave whip and a roof-mounted ground plane.  It is one of the "Benton Harbor
Lunchbox" series which included the more typical but very similar HW-30
two-meter version, and the 10 meter and 6 meter versions.  Like the others,
the transmitter is single channel crystal-controlled  and the receiver is a
superregen.  The little ceramic Turner mike is a hot item as it is usually
not with the "Lunchbox".

73,
Rich

At 7:07 PM -0500 9/22/99, BILL CALL wrote:
>Hello list im looking for a heath tube type cb radio,
>if thereis such a thing.  Please email me at
>HK165 at YAHOO.COM with anything
>
>                           thank you

      Boatanchor Pix website - KB8TAD
  http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/bapix/
           mailto:postr at ohiou.edu
visit the Museum of Radio and Technology website
   Short form redirect      http://zip.to/MRT
Full URL   http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/MRT/

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov