VTVM Battery

Malcolm Leonard rosinfumes at YAHOO.COM
Sat Sep 25 19:45:35 EDT 1999

--- Allen Bush <AE0Z at COMPUSERVE.COM> wrote:
> Back when I worked at Heath in St. Joseph in the
> late '70s I remember they
> had a modification used "internally" in service
> dept., etc. for eliminating
> the 1.5v "C" cell that their common VTVM's used.  As
> I recall, it consisted
> of a diode, a resistor, and a capacitor.  It was
> written up in one of
> Heath's internal tech notes.  DOES ANYONE RECALL THE
> PARTICULARS OF THIS
> MOD?  It seems it may have affected performance a
> bit on the lowest Ohms
> scale (may have had to reset zero for that range?)
> but otherwise worked
> great.
>
> I would sure like to install this in the several
> VTVM's I have, and others
> might as well.
>
> Allen Bush, AE0Z

Hi1
To anyone who sends me an SASE  and one dollar I can
supply a hard copy of such a circuit.Mine is from an
old Radio Electronics magazine,and while I haven't
tried it yet,
I know someone who swears by it,not at it!The dollar
covers my time traveling to the copy shop.etc.
rosinfumes
Malcolm Leonard
165 Canfield Ave.
Warwick,RI 02889-8858