AT-1 & HW-100 Problems

Hawaiian Shirt Jay, kf6rmg kf6rmg at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 25 21:57:01 EDT 1999

  I'm trying to get my AT-1 and HW-100 on the air in time for the Classic
Exchange contest tomorrow, but I'm having prblems with both.

  First the AT-1. I followed the tune-up proceedure in the manual and
everything seemed to go without a hitch, except that when I attached a
wattmeter, I found that it wasn't putting out any power on transmit. So I
proceeded to test the voltages on the tubes and found that the bias voltages
on the 6L6(-45V) and 6AG7(-95V) weren't there. Also, on the 6L6, there was
one pin that should've read as 450V and another that should've been 250V,
but both read as 532V. I'm guessing that this means something in the rig
needs to be replaced, but I'm not sure what.

  I noticed my problem with the HW-100 (probably the first of many) when I
first openned the cabinet. The elastic bands on the shafts of the DRIVER
PRESELECTOR and FINAL controls have worn out and need to be replaced. Does
anyone know of a decent substitue for the bands?

  Can anyone help me out on either of these? I'm starting to grow
apprehesive as to whether or not I'll have the rigs fixed in time for the CX
contest.

                                            73,
                                           Jay, kf6rmg

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov