Graticules.. hint

Keith Harvey kharvey at AMTELECOM.CA
Thu Apr 6 16:57:12 EDT 2000

Folks.. when I have been stuck for a graticule I use either MS Excel or Powerpoint to create quadrangle sheets with the
denser marks wherever needed, experiment with cell size (be sure to option "gridlines on"), dummy in some data on the top LH and bottom RH cell outside the area I want, and then print it on colored transparency stock. You can get this from office supply stores in many colors.

In Powerpoint play with line thicknesses using the tools in the shapes/ lines toolkit. MS Viseo and Project Manager can also be used if you want to get fancy with arrow heads and other objects.

Then use a compass or divider to scribe the diameter you need to fit inside the CRT bezel and cut it out. If you need a stiffer graticule than a single sheet of transparency will creat, use another sheet of clear material as a "doubler" and a couple of drops of crazy glue on the edges to hold them together.

I have refurbed a bunch of scopes with this technique and it looks fine.

73

Keith
VA3KRV

The sheets come in material suitable for laser printers and ink jet printers. The laser stock will not work in an ink jet m/c, the ink globs up and doesn't make fine lines.