Wobbly LMO problem in SB-640

Stewart Lyon stu_w6cux at JUNO.COM
Fri Apr 7 22:33:20 EDT 2000

Hi Sandy,
I've cleaned several LMOs and it's not hard. The only thing is you have
to remove it from the chassis. Then you remove the right side plate, the
L-shaped plate that makes up the front and bottom and maybe the top
plate. DO NOT remove the left side plate or the one with the circuitry on
it. Now get your favorite cleaner out (I use WD-40) and spray everything
that makes contact for the variable capacitor. Also clean out the grease
around the worm gear. I have backed off on the preload on the worm gear a
little but if you are satisfied with the drag you might want to leave
this along. Do not mess with the "turns counter" stuff on the front.
These have a lot to do with the linearity. You probably put it back in
the chassis the same way as any of the SB-stuff -- with a straight edge
and all that.

73, Stu W6CUX

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov