Heath HV probe info....?

Deane D McIntyre dmcintyr at UCALGARY.CA
Thu Apr 13 19:12:19 EDT 2000

john wrote:

> I finally found a Heath HV probe, model  number 336W.
> Can anyone tell me what voltmeters this went on, and how
> it's to be used (I guess a datasheet/manual would be too much
> to hope for). By "how to use" I mean, did one divide the
> read scale by a certain factor, or what? Any V limits?

Per the Heath Ad in the 1953 ARRL Handbook:

Heathkit 30,000 VDC Probe Kit No. 336  $5.50

Provides DC Multiplication factor of 100
for any 11 megohm VTVM

Thus a 150 volt VTVM scale would become a 15,000
volt scale etc. The probe is used in place of the normal
DC probe.

73, Deane D McIntyre VE6BPO
dmcintyr at ucalgary.ca

Sponsored by the City of Tempe