Heath IM-2410 problem

Gary Schafer gschafer at MEDIAONE.NET
Sun Apr 16 17:22:55 EDT 2000

If you have any modulation on the gen it will not lock on. The counter
gets confused. The short wire at the vhf freq is probably coupling a lot
more energy into the counter than the sig gen. The short wire at vhf
would be equivalent to 10 or 15 feet at 20 mhz.

73
Gary  K4FMX

reds1964 wrote:

> Hello All,I have a Heath IM-2410 frequency counter and it seems to
> have a problem. It seems to lack sensitivity especially at the lower
> frequencies. I plugged it directly into my IG-102 and it would not
> lock onto any frequencies except around 20-30 mc's and then it still
> jumped around some. I can key my 2-meter rig and it will lock onto
> that signal using a short length of wire at the counter input. Was
> this just not a very sensitive counter or am I expecting too much? I
> know the output from the signal generator is fairly low but it seems
> that it would be able to lock on when it is plugged directly into the
> rf output. It would not lock on any other way either except as I
> mentioned before when the frequency was on the higher end. Any help
> would be appreciated. Thanks es 73'sCarl Miller KA5KAB

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov