624 kits

Freeberg, Scott (STP) scott.freeberg at GUIDANT.COM
Mon Apr 17 15:29:14 EDT 2000

Hi John,

624 used to make qrp radio's and accessories several years ago.  They are
out of business now.  BUT, I don't believe they ever made the Breed 20 meter
cw transceiver.  They had their own designs.  Gary Breed wrote a several
part article in QST a few years back describing his state of the art qrp
transceiver.  The only supplier of a full up kit mentioned in the article
was....um.....um....Oh shoot, I can't remember.  I can recall seeing their
literature but not the name at the moment.   I will let you know if it comes
to me.   They stopped selling the kits a couple of years ago also.  What
sort of things were missing?  Wonder if those can be purchased from some of
the more complete qrp parts suppliers like Dans Small Parts at
http://www.fix.net/jparker/dans.html

Good luck with that radio.  I've heard it was a really good qrp rig!

73,  Scott WA9WFA in Saint Paul Minn

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov