Fw: SB-102 help please...additional info...

Rob Frans frans at ISERV.NET
Sun Apr 23 09:03:52 EDT 2000

Thanks for those of you that responded to my problem...some additional information to help decipher... The xcvr works great at first when cold, but as it warms up, and with extended xmitting, that is where I see the receiver silent, then a 10 second GRADUAL rise in background noise and signal resuming to normal when I release the PPT... I am not in VOX mode.  I am checking on the relay, but due to the gradual rise in sound, it doesn't sound like an "on/off" thing... I hope this provides you folks with additional information... Thank you all so much!  Rob
Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Frans <frans at ISERV.NET>
Date: Saturday, April 22, 2000 5:13 PM
Subject: SB-102 help please...

Hi... My SB-102 has been working great... that is until today... When I let up from transmitting, the receive is silent for about five to ten seconds, then builds back to normal... seems like the transmission is overloading the receiver section??? Weak tube...? Transmit is solid, receive is solid with that exception... Any Green thoughts?

Thanks!

Rob Frans
KC8BAP
Grand Rapids, MI