Color Texture

charles w. morehouse cwmorehouse at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Wed Aug 2 12:29:58 EDT 2000

Hi Tom,
You are in luck. Was the finish that rubbery beige that turned to goo
after years? It was used on a lot of Heathkit test equipment and other
stuff. Have found a product that is great. It is Krylon Suede #1241
Buckskin. The color and texture is very close to original. Have
refinished all my beige Heathkits with it. You must strip off all the
old. The Krylon is hard to find and had to order from a distributor.
For the wrinkle, strip and use Lynn Brock's black wrinkle. Spray top
coats of desired color. Paint all the SB type cases and they look
original. Have assembled some notes on this and others including paint
numbers. If anyone wants them let me know. Rember surface prep is 98% of
the job. 73.
Wayne;
W4GBW

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov