Another Heath Amplifier Question - A7E

Mike Morris morris at COGENT.NET
Fri Aug 4 22:42:21 EDT 2000

This is probably not of general interest, so emailed
replies are fine.

Does anybody know the part number for the power transformer
for the Heath A7-E ????

I inherited what is left of my dad's old Heath hi-fi system -
originally it was a BC-1, an FM-3A, a Grundig turntable, and
an A7-E.
The BC, FM and Grundig are long gone, given away by him to
collector friends.
The A7-E lived on with some AM/FM tuner feeding it until the
FM world went stereo.  A few months before he bought a Japanese
stereo receiver the A7E power transformer died - a shorted
primary - and was replaced by a kludge from the local
electronics surplus house.  The replacement was a little low
in plate voltage so he pulled the rectifier tube and soldered
1N4007s across the pins to bring the voltage back to where it
should be.  He hooked the A7-E to the high side of the TV
volume control and it continued to play just fine as a for
years (and still does), but I'd like to put it back to stock.

Even if somebody has a bad transformer, I'd like it.  I'll send it
to Peter Dahl and have it rebuilt.

Mike WA6ILQ

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633