Question...

M. Kassay michael.kassay at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed Aug 16 23:14:30 EDT 2000

Hi Heath Lovers....

              I recently picked up a Heath HD-1480 remote antenna
switch.... Thank you, please hold your applause....     ;)        But
seriously...  looking at the unit, if the specific antenna position is
not in use, the unused antenna is left in the "open" position....
This has my concern with grounding of the other antenna's individually
and as a whole unit....      I know Ill require a main feed line
ground for when Im off the air....but....
    Unlike the HD-1234,   when an antenna is not in use,  it's
grounded, both positive and negative sides....When you select the
ground position on the hd-1234,  all antenna's are grounded .  What
are the chances on the hd-1480 of  loading up the "positive" portion
of the unused antennas that are connected to this remote switch?   The
thought of having an antenna that's not properly grounded during a
T-storm or at anytime concerns me....

   I may be totally wrong,  but Id like to hear from any 1480 users,
with their opinions, idea's and any suggestions!

73 Mike
Michael Kassay - VE3MKX - QRP
Minesing, Ontario, CANADA
mailto:Michael.Kassay at sympatico.ca