WTB: AM FILTER

Bill Coleman AA4LR aa4lr at RADIO.ORG
Tue Aug 22 17:21:49 EDT 2000

On 8/21/00 12:09 PM, Eddy Swynar at gswynar at DURHAM.NET wrote:

>Well, I never did try that capacitor trick you're referring to, Ed, but one
>time I DID simply insert a piece of wire where the filter would normally
>have gone, & it seemed like the receiver (an SB-301) was hearing the ENTIRE
>radio spectrum---at once!

Seems to me that when I had my SB-301, before I bought the AM  filter, I
jumpered to the SSB filter when in the AM position. Sure, the fidelity
was awful, but readable on this filter.

Certainly better than a piece of wire....

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov